Would you like to construct your own WatchKnowLearn—your own directory of educational videos?
Could your school, family, organization, or agency use a place to organize educational videos
for your own purposes?
WatchKnowLearn Classroom, which is set to launch publicly soon, is something new and completely free!
- is a collection of videos you (organization, group, or individual) manage. WatchKnowLearn’s volunteer teacher-reviewers only screen videos for suitability for school children.
- lives on a subdomain of WatchKnowLearn.org (such as http://lausanne.watchknowlearn.org) just as blog and wiki hosting services do. But WatchKnowLearn isn’t an ordinary wiki or blog, it’s something completely new.
- displays your logo prominently and first!
- can use your school colors, other specific color choices, or any of a dozen pre-set “skins.”
- can be made either private (accessible only to members) or public (listed in our directory, and browsable by anyone).
- makes use of the video collection of WatchKnowLearn.org. You can find new videos and embed them just in your Classroom, or you can also add them at the same time to WatchKnowLearn. This way, everybody works on and benefits from a central video database—this is “the wiki way” in the very best sense.
- imports the title and description for any videos you add that are already in use on WatchKnowLearn.
- import whole categories, or specialized subcategories, of WatchKnowLearn, so that the categories display handily within your Classroom.
- make individual category pages members-only. (This is how classes and families can organize videos that are of interest only to them.)
- add notes and add attachments to specific videos, customizing the site for your purposes.
- start a calendar and assign students to watch certain videos you choose on specific dates (right-click on a category in the directory).
- We also offer free video hosting to organizations or persons that can commit to uploading a large number of original videos suitable for free, general classroom use. For now, simply ask at firstname.lastname@example.org and explain your circumstances and state your username.
This is a completely free service, and all the features listed here (and more) will always be
free. This service is courtesy of the non-profit Community Foundation of Northwest Mississippi,
and was designed by Wikipedia co-founder Larry Sanger with input from the Lausanne Collegiate
School and a group of colleagues.